The name of the corporation is the African American Counseling Association hereafter known as “The Association” or “AACA”. The mission of the AACA is to address counseling issues that impact the quality of life for African American consumers and professionals.
The Association has been organized to operate exclusively for Educational purposes, including but not limited to:
- Promoting and advancing various counseling issues pertaining to African Americans.
- Influencing and impacting social justice.
- Developing programs that will promote an agenda for counselors interested in solving problems in African American communities and/or other ethnic groups.
To accomplish these purposes, the Board of Directors (hereafter known as “the Board”) shall exercise the following specific functions:
- Establish a central organization of African American Counselors.
- Develop funding sources for organizational capital, staff support, and educational programs.
- Seek funding for projects involving African American Counselors. Projects will include, but will not be limited to scholarly journals, training programs, along with the recruitment of students, practitioners, faculty, and community mental health care programs; and
- Work with such organizations that demonstrate a commitment to issues pertinent to African American clients and professionals with entities that further the purposes of The Association.